“… Baryshevskyi’s performance of Rachmaninov’s third Concerto was notable for warm lyricism, genuine passion and a subtile spectrum of darker hues that made his interpretative voice stand out as one of freshness and fascinating insight…” (Geoffrey Norris, ” The Telegraph” September 05, 2011)
“Baryshevskyi has something special, the special talent. As for me, he should have been awarded by the first prize”. Martha Argerich (From the article by Filippo Michelangeli about Busoni Competition, Suonari News-October 2011)
Antonii Baryshevskyi was born in Kiev, Ukraine in 1988. He started playing piano at the age of six. After finishing courses at Lysenko Special Secondary Music School in Kiev, he entered National Music Academy of Ukraine where he currently is studying as a postgraduate with Prof. Valerii Kozlov. Today he also is a student of Prof. Marian Rybicki at the Ecole Normale de musique de Paris. Antonii Baryshevskyi became a laureate of the Ukrainian program “A Man of the Year 2005′′ at the age of 16. One year later he participated at the 2006 Euro Radio Youth Concert in Munich, Germany. The young pianist is a prizewinner of many international piano competitions.
Among those prizes are
- First Prize of the Arthur Rubinstein Piano Competition (Tel Aviv, Israel, 2014)
- Second Prize, Audience Prize and Press Prize at the 58 F. Busoni International Piano Competition (Bolzano, Italy, 2011)
- First prize at the 51st International Piano Competition “Premio Jaen” (Jaen, Spain, 2009)
- Second prize at the VI International Piano Competition “In Memory of V . Horovitz” (Kiev, Ukraine, 2005) – First prize at the “Prix du piano Interlaken classic“ (Bern, Switzerland, 2014);
- First prize at the 13teen Morocco Philharmonic International Competition (Rabat, Morocco, 2013)
- Second prize at the 13eme “GRAND PRIX ANIMATO“ (Paris, France, 2012)
- Third Prize at the First Paterna International Piano Prize (Paterna, Spain, in 2011)
- “Bruno Frey Musicprize 2010” for his outstanding musical achievements
- First Prize at the IV Isidor Bajic Piano Memorial Competition (Novi Sad, Serbia, 2008);
- First prize at the 2nd International Piano Competition in International Summer Academy of Music (Germany, 2006)
- Special EMCY “Art for music” prize for “The excellent performance” (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2005);
- First prize at IV International Piano Competition “Performer-Composer” (St. Petersburg).
Antonii Brayshevskyi was invited to many renowned venues and festivals in Europe and USA (Piano Festival Ruhr in Essen, Germany, 2012, Busoni Festival in Bolzano, Italy, 2012, Gogolfest and Chamber Music Session both in Kiev 2010, “Svyatoslav Richter International Festival of Masters of Art” in Zhitomir, 2009, Ukraine and to polish festival “Per Aspera Ad Astra“ (2008).
Antonii Baryshevskyi was not only invited by Martha Argerich to give his debut with a solo recital at the Festival Progetto in Lugano (2014), but also to perform at Wigmore Hall (London, 2015), Piano Festival Ruhr (Germany, 2014), the 69th International Chopin Piano Festival in Duszniki-Zdroj (Poland, 2015), Chautauqua Festival (New York, 2015), Concertgebouw Amsterdam (with orchestra, 2016), Philharmonie Cologne (with orchestra, 2017), Berlin Philharmonie, Great Hall (with orchestra, 2017), Berlin Konzerthaus (recital, 2016) and many others.
Furthermore, he has performed in concert halls of South Korea, Ukraine, France, Italy, Netherlands, Slowakia, Romania and the USA. Antonii already played with some of the leading European orchestras, including Munich Radio Orchestra, The National Philharmonic Orchestra of Ukraine, the Gubernator`s Orchestra of St.-Petersburg, Heidelberg Philharmonic Orchestra, Ciudad de Granada Orchestra, Brandenburg State Orchestra under the baton of the maestros D. Bostock, G. Albrecht, G. Kostin, V. Sirenko, M. Dyadyura, S. Gorkovenko, Howard Griffiths and many others.
He has recorded for numerous CD labels, as well as radio and TV productions of the Italian, Danish, Spanish, Ukrainian, Serbian Radio and TV stations. CD “Antonii Baryshevskyi’s debut CD has been released by Naxos under the titel: Antonii Baryshevskyi – Piano Recital” (Catalogue No: NXS 8572573). Antonii Baryshevskyi’s actual CD „Scriabin, Mussorgsky“ has been released by CAvI Music in September 2015 (Cataloque No: CAvi8553332). For his recent CD the pianist has recorded all piano sonatas by G. Ustvolskaja. This CD was released also by CAvI Music in June 2017.